Claims Specialist - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Aon
- Claims Specialist (Property & Casualty) - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Specialist to join our Property & Casualty team which is part of the Global Broking Centre based in Chelmsford.
The Claims Specialist will be primarily responsible for management of the process for the notification, agreement, collection and successful settlement of allocated accounts and claim (in line with 'triggers') including first notification of loss, triage, issuance of processing instructions to the outsourcer or direct processing, negotiation with markets, client updates, subsequent movements as applicable and liaison with placement teams, referral to Senior Claims Management as appropriate, network offices, clients, underwriters and appointed experts (loss adjusters, lawyers etc.).
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon's global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
Your impact as a Claims Specialist :
Claim advice / settlement
- Complete claim notification form, via template or portal with all the information required in Brokasure - notify the claim, subsequent advice and settlement to carriers. Liaise with the Claims Advocate / senior claims manager in case of queries, in line with triggers. With respect to settlements: Issuance of timely, accurate and clear instructions to the outsourcer to enable claims to be processed, including payee / banking details as required.
- Manage Lineage for Canadian accounts where applicable
- Carefully manage the claims negotiation process with clients, underwriters and or their appointed legal representatives and or loss adjusters.
- Ensure prompt confirmation of coverage from carrier and where necessary engage with Senior Claims Manager as required.
- Negotiate the settlement (partial and total) and settlement of claims with underwriters.
- Communication and management of the client expectation - refer to Senior Claims Management in line with 'triggers'.
- Coordinate discussions and, where appropriate, meetings to ensure superior level of communication between the client, underwriter and their representatives concerning the proposed settlement. Involve senior claim management and/or Advocates as required.
- Ensure full market agreement in line with agreed timescales. ECF monitoring to ensure targets are met
- Establish and maintain claim files, ensure all claim information is accurate, complete and up-to-date and distribute information to appropriate individuals when required.
- Ensure all communication is added to ECM and filed in line with GBC procedures Ensure claims diary is maintained and/or reviewed and reports run as required.
- Assist the team in defining and implementing claims handling procedures and manuals.
Third party administration
- Engage, monitor and manage third party providers appointed by clients, underwriters or Aon (e.g. loss adjusters, lawyers, surveyors, engineers etc).
- Report any potential issues in accordance with GBC procedures.
- Conduct data analysis to establish the claims history for a particular client or business portfolio, and to identify trends and patterns in claims for a client or business segment.
- Ensure effective communication is in place with business units, with clients, the network, markets and other related internal groups.
- Manage payments that are allocated to you and clear funds in line with business guidelines.
- Support for pre-renewal meetings, placing and renewal negotiations as required.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Ensure all FCA regulations and internal compliance requirements are adhered to in a timely manner.
- Promote all compliance related requirements throughout the area and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Ensure all agreed practices and tools are actively and consistently applied.
- Lead by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures.
- Any other tasks that Aon reasonably requires.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Claims liability experience
North America / Canada exposure, ideally
Understanding of London market systems
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application