Performance and Reporting Lead, English and Exams
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by British Council
Please note that in December 2020, the British Council will relocate its new global headquarters to: International Quarter, Stratford, London E20
The British Council is the UK's international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
Marketing at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, consideration, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our markets and our B2C and B2B customers to engage them with the British Council's international cultural relations mission, our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and prove the impact of what we do.
The purpose of this role is to set up, lead and manage the marketing and sales performance and reporting framework for the English and Exams strategic business unit, aligned the global performance framework for marketing. This role enables the return on investment from marketing and sales plans to be quantified and provides information and analysis to support strategic decisions and planning.
MAIN OPPORTUNITIES/CHALLENGES FOR THIS ROLE:
- Managing the design and development of a performance and reporting framework that meets English and Exams' bespoke needs, and complements the core marketing performance framework designed by the Centre of Excellence
- working with the Director of Marketing and Sales, and other managers to define the key marketing and sales indicators to be measured for English and Exams
- Designing appropriate metrics and recommending how these should be measured and reported
- Highly developed analytical and modelling skills
- Experience of leading a performance and reporting function within a large and complex organisation
- Deep understanding of the processes and tools that enable effective performance measurement and reporting
- Demonstrable experience in developing and managing cascaded performance measurement and reporting systems
Please note interviews will take place week commencing 3rd December 2018.
For further information, please see the documents below.
British Council Behaviours.pdf
Our Equality Commitment:
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council's work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation.