Product Owner (Senior Associate)
Posted on Jan 16, 2019 by Financial Conduct Authority
As part of the technology organisation at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Infrastructure and Operations team implements and runs the digital products to run the organisation, while the Regulatory Systems team implements and runs the digital products that power our regulatory activities. Our intent is to continuously deliver value to all our stakeholders. We are an influencer at the heart of the global RegTech and FinTech revolutions driving the digital economy.
We work in small, stable teams of engineers, architects and analysts formed around digital products. Our product management approach draws on agile methods, lean methodologies and continuous delivery practices.
We need great Product Owners with a depth of experience for meeting the needs of disparate stakeholders across multi-function organisations through digital services. You'll know what it takes to represent the needs of product teams while managing the various needs of the organisation. You demonstrate empathy and entrepreneurship, going well beyond stories and backlog ranking.
You'll be responsible for maximising the value of one or more digital products with a backlog that includes all value, failure and improvement demand from all sources.
Working with the Product Manager and alongside other Product Owners, you will interpret the product vision and create the product roadmap, employing hypothesis-driven practices to realise it. As the key point of contact for stakeholders across the organisation, we need you to demonstrate management in the delivery of service excellence.
We need Product Owners at our Technical Services Senior Associate (TS D) grade for the following:
- Case & Regulatory Risk Management Product Group: providing digital services to meet the case management needs of the FCA's regulatory authorisation and supervision activities
- Data & Analytics Product Group: providing digital services to meet the data lifecycle needs of the all the FCA's regulatory activities
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Delivering change and operational services for large and complex products
- Estimating changes to relevant products to support investment cases and portfolio prioritisation
- Delivering technology and service solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria for identified requirements, through the application of agile methods, lean methodologies and continuous delivery practices
- Management of product budgets, both costs and income
- Setting and tracking performance metrics that matter
- Ensuring product team compliance with relevant governance requirements
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
- Experience of demand management through product backlog ranking and capacity management through allocation of work to the team in an agile environment.
- Experience in managing internal and external teams to deliver technology change and run capabilities.
- Experience in product development, innovation, risk management, financial management, stakeholder management, quality assurance and change impact.
- Experience and or knowledge of service management, incident and problem management
- Significant experience of planning and estimation techniques for product development in a lean, agile, continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of and exposure to the relevant business domains
- Effective influencing and negotiating at senior leadership level, communicating explicit and implicit trade-offs.
- Credible leader, able to adapt style to build strong relationships with senior leaders, collaborating across the organisation and use various techniques to facilitate innovation
- Strategic and pragmatic thinker, focused on outcomes and the bigger picture with the confidence to engage constructively to challenge established approaches.
- Knowledge of enterprise-scale application architecture
- Experience of promoting digital products within the organisation
- managing innovation initiatives for digital products
- Presenting or contributing to industry events or publications
- Coaching skills, able to coach peers and teams of specialists in Product management methodologies.
- Experience of managing digital products from a development and operational service perspective. With budget responsibility of up to 15m per year.
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
Financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which we regulate. Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) supports the FCA in managing the impact of such changes on the organisation, its processes and people. BTS continually scrutinises the way we work and drives change to ensure we continue to deliver our objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
- This role is graded Senior Associate (TS D)
- The salary range will be approximately 45,000 to 70,000 GBP plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension
- Applications for this role close on Wednesday 16th January
If you are interested learning more about the role:
For internal applications, contact Stephane Mortier on
For external applications, contact Herdeep Dhaliwal on
This role is based in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford E20
Search jobs & apply