HR Programme Manager - 9 Month FTC
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Sky
We're part of Europe's leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our HR team.
As a valued member of Sky, you'll benefit from an excellent pension scheme and 25 days paid annual leave.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- As directed by the Director of SIP, accountable for Programmes or Projects within the HR Plan or as identified by the HRLT as key programmes of work requiring support.
- You will take overall ownership of key Programmes/Project and manage them using standard project methodology as agreed with Director of SiP.
- You will work to an approach and methodology for managing the programmes and projects as directed and specified by the Director of SiP. There will be a consistency to ways of working and all Programme Managers will work to a defined and clearly directed way of working.
- Attend regular Planning Review meetings chaired by Director of SiP and present progress of your projects and programmes.
- Prepare progress reports and recommendations to be presented to HRLT including progress against plan, budget, resource and anything else impacting delivery. The format for these will be agreed with the Director of SiP during mobilisation of offering.
- Take a key role in bringing the HR plan to life. Make it the centre of the HR function. The way in which we do this will be agreed between Director of SiP and all Programme Managers.
- It is vital that the HR Programme Manager is able to read across the function to ensure that the solutions being designed are fit for purpose and can be maintained. This will involve stepping into the projects and understanding implications and potential challenges and raising to appropriate partners and sponsors where decisions may need to be made.
- Collaboration will be vital amongst all Programme Managers to understand potential impacts and we should regularly be looking to present to HRLT where challenges to delivery of the plan may arise.
- Extensive experience of working with, and partnering with, director level stakeholders on large scale Projects & Programmes
- Significant experience of managing multiple flagship projects at one time and being able to balance the workload/needs of partners.
- Expert at influencing senior partners on decision making to ensure that any decisions they make regarding the project are well informed and potential implications are understood.
- Significant experience in leading, delivering and managing large scale business change projects involving multiple partners within and outside of HR.
- Strong Project and Programme management skillset with an understanding of standard methodology project management skills.
- Strong and demonstrable evidence of being self-sufficient.
- A natural communicator and collaborator used to working with a diverse group of partners.
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We're happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make us Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better