Associate Director, Program Management Office
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by S&P Global
The Role: Associate Director, Program Management Office
The Location: New York, NY or Charlottesville, VA
The Team: The S&P Global Market Intelligence Program Management Office (PMO) is responsible for the project framework used to vet, prioritize, resource, execute, and track technology and content projects. The PMO facilitates the priorities, measures and improves the process to deliver on those priorities, provides transparency into related activities, and manages the tools used to govern these processes.
The Impact: Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career as a collaborative enterprise leader ? The PMO is looking for an experienced, innovative professional who can bring leadership, stakeholder management, expert communication, and coaching experience to a global team.
What's in it for you: As a member of the PMO Team you will be exposed to variety of stakeholders across the division, including our product, content and client services teams. You will partner with senior leadership as you support the creation and execution of our corporate strategy and supporting operational model. As the PMO evolves, you will have opportunities to put your innovative ideas into action.
Responsibilities: You will act as a facilitation hub for stakeholder management across product management, content management, and engineering. While championing our existing best practices is a significant part of the role, we also value your commitment to process innovation. You will own and optimize supporting methodologies and processes in areas such as the Scrum project methodology, underwriting, prioritization, team mapping, project progress and expense tracking and reporting. Acute communication skills are vital to this role.
Additional specific areas of focus will include:
- Establishing partnerships with business unit leaders and provide them visibility into their investments.
- Facilitating and guiding the project peer review, company prioritization process, and resource allocation.
- Ensuring teams are adhering to our Agile scrum framework. Monitor adoption and provide coaching where necessary.
- Partner with other PMO members within MI and across S&P global to facilitate cross project communication and dependency management
What We're Looking For:
- 5-10 years of related work experience
- Familiarity with the Agile Scrum framework.
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating, leading, influencing, and managing within large-scale, globally distributed organizations
- Senior Leadership engagement experience
- Project portfolio management
- Experience in the financial services sector preferred but not required
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Associate Director, Program Management Office