Cost Engineer-Security Cleared Projects
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by RT Consulting
RT Consulting are a Change and Transformation Consultancy partnering with the Big 4 and other Consultancies we are successfully supporting the delivery of tangible, long lasting change across the UK Government, Defence and Intelligence Sectors.
Due to our continued success across our UK Defence Portfolio, we are now growing our RT Society of Permanent Associates.
With that in mind, we are looking for Cost Engineers with 2-5 years experience to join our RT Society of Permanent Consultants.
As the Cost Engineer you will be working directly on client site, you will be liaising directly with client and project stakeholders, so you will possess excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
The Cost Engineer will be responsible for:
- Preparing and supervising the timely preparation of cost estimates. Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data against the requirements
- Providing comments and recommendations for cost management requirements relative to staffing and project control.
- Coordinating and establishing the scoping requirements for overall cost estimates by discipline or other specialty, and coordinate the timely, systematic, and complete definition of acquisition scope and related data
- The supervision of cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards accuracy and consistency
- Preparing and presenting cost management information to management
- Generating and analysing so to make recommendations on portfolio reports
Key experiences we are looking for include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the concepts of Project Controls and In-contract Management
- Knowledge and understanding of Single Source Pricing Regulations
- An understanding of Cost Engineering techniques and principles
The successful Cost Engineer will ideally:
- Be a member of ICEAA
- Have delivered Monthly reporting to senior project or programme managers
- Have a thorough understanding of Financial and Accounting Practices
- Have experience generating and running CRA
Due to the nature of this project, the Cost Engineer will need to be Security Cleared to SC level.
RT Consultants have the opportunity to work across some of the largest, most complex Programmes being delivered across the UK. As a member of our RT Society, we aim to offer you as much support and project continuity as possible, with a dedicated RT Society Team and web based platform where you can interact with our RT Society members.
Please note that we will be selecting our shortlist for interview in the New Year, and cannot respond directly to every applicant who is not successful.