Production / Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
You'll be working in the Production Engineering team, focusing on developing production processes, LEAN principles, managing assets & facilities and support the development of new technologies and processes.
With sites globally that all work together, you may get the opportunity to see other facilities to share knowledge and develop yourself and your career. Senior Engineers regularly travel to overseas facilities which means that you'll need to step up and support the business in their absence, until you've developed into a Senior Engineer too.
Here's an idea of your general responsibilities:
* Follow and reflect the technical specifications and guidelines, given by the Corporate Unit.
* Use SAP to update BOM's and routings and check actual material input in production, manage material usage, cost and manage master data etc.
* Support modifications to shop floor layout as part of ongoing optimisation activities
* Management of tooling and asset registers for tools, equipment, facilities etc.
* Deliver continuous improvement process analysis and optimization in line with key business unit KPI and metrics, ensuring on schedule and within budget targets are met.
* Prepare economic calculations (ROI) in order to compare different production processes and for justification of new equipment, processes, improvements etc.
* Support the preparation of equipment specifications and assistance in the development of new technologies, production processes, their analysis, evaluation and integration.
* You will identify improvement proposals as well as carry out improvement and optimization of processes and facilities.
* Be involved in the quotation process for NPI projects from kick off to implementation.
* Use, prepare and control standard reports e.g. parts report, differences of production orders, etc.
* Creation of Standard Operating Procedures and support in the development of other process control documentation (Process Flow diagrams, PFMEAs etc)
* Determine packaging within the production in cooperation with Senior Dispatch Logistics Specialist.
* Prepare reports and information on production issues on request e.g. for Production Manager.
Here's what you'll need:
* HNC Level Qualifications (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
* Previous employment experience in fast paced manufacturing
* Experience in the field of calculation, routings, new and mass production
* Some experience with SAP or other MRP systems would be desirable
To apply please send your CV or call CDM's Hebburn office asking for Graeme and we can discuss your background further