Videographer and Editor - Athletics Broadcast Svcs
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Texas Tech University
Videotapes and edits program material for university television station and other university departments. Receives specific instructions from a producer. Incumbents in this classification are required to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Collaborate with broadcast and production team on broadcast projects.
- Collaborate with marketing on commercial content and development.
- Work closely with individual sports on video production needs.
- Shoots and edits the athletics department weekly show.
- Maintains and builds relationships with university community and Learfield Sports.
- Encourages collaboration among multiple groups.
- Assists in other productions as needed.
- Comply with all NCAA, Big 12 and Texas Tech University rules, regulations and policies.
Texas Tech University Overview Texas Tech University offers more than 100 undergraduate, over 100 masters and 50 doctoral degree programs, and is in the midst of the most exciting time in the school's history. As the university embarks on becoming the state's next national research university, the opportunities for students could not be greater. Even with an enrollment approaching 36,000, the University prides itself on retaining the feel of a smaller institution where students boast of one-on-one interaction with top faculty. The University strives to foster an environment that celebrates student accomplishment above all else. Texas Tech is large enough to provide the best in facilities and academics, but small enough to focus on each student individually, with a commitment to enhancing the cultural and economic development of the community, state, nation and world. Texas Tech students come from almost every county in Texas, all 50 states and more than 100 foreign countries.
Texas Tech University Athletics Texas Tech University participates in the NCAA Division I and is a founding member of the Big 12 Conference. The Athletics program proudly promotes its mission, "To Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions," by supporting more than 400 student athletes in 17 different sports. Mission Statement To Educate, Serve and Grow Fearless Champions Guiding Principles Each day our focus is on our student athletes' experience.
Bachelor's degree in AND one year experience operating video cameras and editing equipment; OR, Five years experience operating video cameras and editing equipment.
- Bachelor's degree, or four-plus years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in live / post video production.
- Strong editing skills with the following programs: Adobe Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Avid.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment including, but not limited to: meeting deadlines; adapting to last minute changes; and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Proven quick decision making skills, high creativity, organizational skills and problem solving ability in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- A thorough understanding of intercollegiate athletics and its relationship to the broader institution including conference and NCAA governance.
- Apply online at enter via STAFF portal and search for req#ID 16133
- Shortcut URL:
- Required attachments: Cover Letter and Resume/CV
- If you should need assistance with the application process, please contact Texas Tech University, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition office at or .
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran
Internal Number: 16133