Procurement Specialist - Indirects
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by GPA Procurement
Do you have the drive, passion & indirect procurement skills & experience to develop & implement local & group sourcing strategies for indirect goods & services (IT & FM) for our global manufacturing client?
As Procurement Specialist, you will manage the sourcing, negotiating and contracting to ensure supply of services and goods to our client from the external market place by applying best Purchasing practises for assigned categories. Develop effective business relationships with suppliers, Business Partners and other team members
You will be responsible for:
- Sourcing, negotiating & contracting, with direction from the Senior Procurement Manager, for goods & services in allocated categories, to deliver quality & value.
- Preparing Sourcing & Category Strategies, which optimise external spend and prepare for future sourcing challenges.
- Prioritise, identify and action opportunities within categories. Deliver on cross-functional projects.
- Aligning with the respective Business Partners and delivering best value/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) to meet the business needs.
- Implementing the supplier relationship management process across allocated categories - maintaining required supplier performance levels and mitigating risk
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships through effective communication and regular collaboration with internal stakeholders, business partners & suppliers
- The management and maintenance of the supplier base of assigned categories - challenging the set-up of new and existing suppliers and identifying consolidation opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Skills / knowledge / ability to manage the purchasing / outsourcing / contracting process
- Comprehensive knowledge of purchasing techniques and routinely applies knowledge to projects
- Proven Indirect purchasing experience
- Ability to understand, follow and communicate relevant policies
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate in appropriate style & manner at all levels
- Commercial acumen
- Provides complete, accurate and structured documentation for all projects
- Independently manages the end to end purchasing process, pushing projects forward to full completion and agreed timelines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent desirable
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards preferable
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to or contact us on for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.