Equities Quantitative Analyst - Signals - VP/Director
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Seeking a Quantitative Analyst to work on signals research in Equities globally.
• Work alongside seasoned traders, quants, and software engineers to gather system and data requirements for signals research
• Design, build, test and deploy signals and trading models
• Utilize and enhance backtesting research tools
• Monitor signal performance post-deployment and work on improvements
• Develop research to production workflow to minimize time to market
• Analyze existing strategies to identify potential improvements
• Work on data normalization framework to consume reference and market data
• Create tools to automate research tasks
• Advanced degree in a hard science, Math, or Engineering
• Exceptional quantitative, mathematical and problem-solving skills
• Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others
• Ability to solve technical and/or quantitative problems under pressure
• Ability to express ideas mathematically and algorithmically
• Intellectually curious and self-motivated
• Track record of success in building trading models and medium/long-term signals
• Delivering on target and on time
• Familiarity with market structure in the developed equities markets highly desirable
• Strong programming skills (especially C++, python, UNIX tools)
• Familiarity with alternative data and their monetization desirable Equities Quantitative Analyst - Signals - VP/Director