Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
If you are also committed to involving service users in the design process then this initial 6 month contract could be for you.
As a Service Designer you will be collaborative, creative, and hands-on, with a track record of working with cross-functional teams and solving complex experience and service design challenges.
· Plan and conduct service design projects from working with user research colleagues to understanding user needs and goals to co-design and collaborative sense-making sessions with users, service staff and other stakeholders through to delivery of service insights, prototypes, and maps
· Manage team members appropriately - managing resource scheduling, assuring quality, providing coaching and mentoring and encouraging engagement in the Service Design community
· Embed design thinking within teams by providing guidance on existing methods and tools, and creating new tools to help teams work with and not for users.
· Ensure that participating in service design engagements is inclusive and accessible for the full diversity of both service users and team members, including developing bespoke methods and tools as necessary
Essential skills and experience:
· Demonstrable ability to work with service delivery organisations, design teams, service users, and citizens and other stakeholders to help them understand the need for, and design the delivery of, a service
· Understand how to select and use appropriate design tools and methods to collaboratively explore service opportunities and problems, and reduce unnecessary complexity
· Excellent ability to visualise complex problems, service touch-points, components, ideas and concepts for diverse audiences
· Experience working with user researchers to translate research findings into user journey maps, personas, service blueprints, etc
If you are interested in applying for this Service Designer role in Edinburgh, please click the link below to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND
London Borough of Sutton