Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Cambridge Assessment
Salary: £23,500- £29,400
As Events Co-ordinator, you will be working as part of a friendly, deadline-driven and fast-paced team of events professionals at Cambridge Assessment English.
Our Events Team delivers a global programme of conferences, exhibitions and webinars, which all support our mission to help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We have a well-deserved reputation with our stakeholders, both internal and external, for delivering innovative, well-organised events, which provide excellent delegate experience.
What you'll be doing
- Delivering a portfolio of face-to-face and virtual events, across Cambridge Assessment English's markets and sectors, to the highest possible standard, on behalf of our internal customers.
- Organising all logistical and administrative arrangements for your allocated events to required deadlines and within required budgets, following the team's standard working instructions and keeping clear records of activity and expenditure.
- Planning and delivering the right mix of activities, equipment, collateral and marketing communication channels in order to maximise reach and engagement with our target audiences and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all events are in line with strategic and event specific objectives, and conducting post-event evaluations.
- Planning and delivering internal events to drive engagement and encourage collaboration across the business.
- Building long term, sustainable and positive relationships with internal stakeholders, event organisers and suppliers, and strategic partners.
- Supporting other members of the team during busy periods, and offering support and best practice to colleagues working on events in our global offices.
- Delivering the highest standard of customer service possible to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the ongoing review, improvement and innovation of the Events Team process and working practices.
What we're looking for
- Degree educated or equivalent - essential
- An additional event management, marketing or business qualification - desirable
We're looking for someone with experience of:
- Working in a busy, deadline-driven working environment - essential
- Planning and delivering large events with multiple activities (preferably 2+ years' experience) - essential
- Dealing with an international audience - essential
- Client / customer service - essential
- Budget management / demonstrable financial awareness - essential
- Co-ordinating the creation of marketing collateral and planning marketing communications - desirable
- Highly organised
- Able to manage multiple deadlines, across multiple areas for multiple projects
- An ability to translate strategic objectives into event activities and messages
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- Relationship management
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge of a foreign language - desirable
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Responsible - able to take ownership and uphold quality standards
- Innovative and creative
- A team player / collaborative
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment English is a part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. We are the global leader in English language assessment. We help people learn English and prove their skills to the world. We provide exams in English for speakers of other languages taken by over 5 million candidates worldwide each year, as well as the leading range of qualifications for language teachers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20/01/2019 and interviews will be held on 31 January 2019 .
If you're successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Job Segment: Event Planning, Bank, Banking, Outside Sales, Marketing Communications, Hospitality, Finance, Sales, Marketing
Manor Royal Business District
Eagle Organisation Ltd
Eagle Organisation Ltd
Eagle Organisation Ltd