Supervisor, Distribution - American Seaway Foods
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Giant Eagle, Inc.
Our business is the wholesaling, warehousing and distribution of dry groceries, produce, dairy, frozen food, meat, poultry, health and beauty care, and general merchandise to retail supermarkets located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana. Our Team Members, an integral part of the supply chain, operate state-of-the-art equipment and are safety conscious and customer-focused. If you have a genuine commitment to safety and respect for others, then our Warehouse and Transportation team might be the right fit for you!
Plan and coordinate the activities of Distribution Center Team Members to achieve departmental and organizational objectives in a unionized environment.
- Plan and coordinate the work activities of Distribution Center Team Members by integrating the use of labor management and inventory systems.
- Schedule Distribution Team Members and allocate job assignments to ensure production demands are accomplished efficiently.
- Provide clear direction to Team Members to meet customer requirements, production demands and Company goals.
- Maintain a consistent presence on the warehouse floor to observe, monitor and coach job performance of Distribution Center Team Members.
- Utilize reporting systems to provide the Shift Manager and other Department Managers with accurate accounts of production activities.
- Communicate with stores, external vendors and other Distribution Center Departments to ensure that production and internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Consistently administer and maintain compliance within the Labor Agreement.
- Communicate and enforce federal, Corporate and Company policies and procedures.
- Promote Safety and productivity guidelines to reinforce and recognize good work habits, identify training needs or initiate corrective action for Team Members.
- Encourage open lines of communication with other Shift Managers, Supervisors and subordinates to ensure cohesiveness and the safe and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
- Pursue and foster positive working relationships with new and existing Team Members and Union representatives to promote Team Member satisfaction and increase retention.
- Utilize problem solving and conflict resolution skills and escalate situations to Shift Managers, Operations Manager, and/or Human Resources when appropriate.
- Demonstrate and promote ethical, professional behavior.
- Perform special projects as needed and assigned.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\\\$1 - \\\\$100k
- Supervision of team members in one department
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 1 to 3 years
- 1 - 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment. Ability to read and interpret union contracts
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Learner
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Written Communication
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Aware of surroundings in a high traffic warehouse environment
- Warehouse environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures
- Exposure to Distribution Center activity and equipment necessary
- Cushman Carts
- Intercom System
- Radio Frequency Unit
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another - our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners - defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.