Liquor Team Leader (FT) - Giant Eagle - Chardon
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Giant Eagle, Inc.
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\\\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
Provide leadership in the Liquor Department. Guide, develop and coach Team Members, attempt to exceed customer requirements, make the store a great place to work and lead the execution of merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business and maximize profits.
- Provide excellent customer service by being pleasant, greeting customers, attending to their requests and thanking them in a professional, friendly courteous manner.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times and abide by the Company's Common Purpose, Goals and Guiding Principles.
- Take an active role in building the store's Liquor assortment, throughout the year and at resets; by regularly communicating with distributors and LOB office staff. Monitor ordering, receiving and stocking of BWL products, stock shelves from backroom, opening boxes and stocking product in proper location on shelf by code-dating.
- Uncover any potential under-age or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person; ensure all staff within Liquor Agency is trained with Pathways.
- Report daily liquor sales to DOLC. Update and maintain daily record-keeping and identification of files according to Liquor Agency operations and file management requirements. Monitor and ensure store compliance with company and Ohio state laws, policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coach the BWL team, write schedule and ensure proper sales floor and Agency coverage.
- P&L accountability; and follow acceptable procedures to ensure BWL meets out-of-stock percentage goals, as well as shrink and inventory level goals. Analyze item movement and plan displays accordingly to maximize total business.
- Participate in \""in-store\"" team meetings and regional meetings. Prepare and attend all designated trade shows' participate in on-going product and customer service training programs.
- Assist customers with BWL purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions.
- Inspect department daily to ensure proper signing of all area(s).
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, floor and general sales area and follow standards to meet sanitation requirements; ensuring floors are clean and free of spills at all times.
- Build displays by taking merchandies by flats from backroom to sales floor and lifting products from flats to displays.Prepare with store manager/director seasonal and major promotional operations; keep records of results.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Retail leadership or supervisory experience
- Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role
- Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role
- Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department
- Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- At least 18 years of age
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Cleaning cart
- Dock Plates
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Tape Splitter
- Trash compactor
Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle is one of the 40 largest family-operated companies in the US and operates Giant Eagle, GetGo and Market District stores. Giant Eagle has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana. As we continue to grow and expand, our commitment to our core values and the well-being of our Team Members, customers, and our communities is as strong as ever. We listen to what you have to say and do everything we can to provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
Giant Eagle strives to be a best place to work in the eyes of the nearly 36,000 individuals who work in our stores, pharmacies, warehouses and in our corporate offices. At Giant Eagle, you'll have the opportunity to develop a real career with countless opportunities for you to grow with us. The way we conduct business and treat one another - our Team Members, customers, community members and valued partners - defines what the Giant Eagle culture is all about.
Geauga Job and Family Services
Geauga County Job & Family Services
Giant Eagle, Inc.
Giant Eagle, Inc.