Strength and Conditioning Intern
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Bryant University
This position reports to the Head Strength & Conditioning Coach and is responsible for assisting with the development of strength, speed, and conditioning program for all sports. The Strength & Conditioning Intern will interact and correspond with assigned Head Coaches about the programs designed for their teams. This is a 10 month position.
1. Assist with the development and implement strength, speed, and conditioning program for assigned intercollegiate athletic sports. Interact and correspond with Head Coaches about the strength and conditioning program for their teams. Advise coaches on pre-game and pre-practice protocols as well as post activity needs.
2. Design and implement winter break and summer workout plans and schedules. Coordinate workouts for athletes remaining on campus during summer and winter breaks.
3. Conduct performance testing of assigned athletes. Keep accurate and up-to-date records.
4. Communicate with athletic training staff regarding athlete limitations and adjust workouts accordingly.
5. Adhere to NCAA rules compliance in and be fully informed regarding institutional compliance with the NCAA and Northeast Conference rules.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is filled best by an individual with a Bachelors Degree with a Master's preferred in a related field. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with student athletes, athletics staff, and others. Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to direct and supervise others are important. Travel is required, as are evening and weekend hours. A drivers license and NSCA ( CSCS ) or ( CSCCA ) or equivalent certification are required.