Sr. Maintenance Tech
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Location-Shelby Drive. Shift-Tuesday-Friday, 7AM to 5:30PM.
As a Sr. Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for identifying, diagnosing, and repairing machinery and building systems as needed in a timely manner. Needs to possess specialized skills including, electrical, controls systems, MHE troubleshooting and repair. May require experience working with PLCs or VFDs and laser scanning equipment. Ensures that facility disruption due to equipment failure is kept to a minimum. Uses root-cause problem solving tools to develop corrective action plans. Tracks maintenance schedules, maintenance hours, spare parts consumption and warranty information. Performs administrative tasks to support maintenance record keeping in CMMS and spare parts storeroom locations. May be tasked with monitoring MHE equipment and reporting unplanned equipment or process malfunctions. Works with Contractors, Equipment Rental Vendors and specialized MHE Trades as necessary. Supports all Control Room and Maintenance Storeroom operations. Work may include fabrication utilizing cut and weld equipment. Cleans up worksite locations in the shop and on the DC floor when repairs are complete. Participates in safety training, advanced skills training, and cross-functional process improvement initiatives. Ensures work is completed using appropriate safety guidelines.
• Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and MHE
• Ability to handle complex repairs with minimal supervision, with an ability to train others
• Three years' experience as a Maintenance Technician
• Targeted Certifications may be required (concentrated skillsets listed below)
• Option 1 - Industrial Electrician
• Option 2 - VFD and Control Systems Maintenance & Troubleshooting (Allen Bradley - Siemens)
• Option 3 - CMMS Administration, Maintenance Planning, and Storeroom Management
• Preferred Education - AS Engineering or equivalent experience