Kids Club Team Member
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Gold's Gym
The Kids Club Associate provides all the necessary primary care for infants, independent and group activities for toddlers and direct supervision of older children in a specific area of the gym. Primary job is to ensure the safety and security of all children while in the Kids Club care.
- Cares for children in a defined area of the gym for the attending member(s).
- Organizes and participates in recreational activities, such as games.
- Reads to children, and teaches them simple painting, drawing, crafts, and songs
- Care for special needs children as needed to include securing the children in equipment, such as chairs and slings
- Organizes and stores toys and materials to ensure order in Kids Club area
- Must portray a fun and energetic demeanor
- Sanitizes toys, play equipment, and complete the daily cleaning checklist
- Helps plan age appropriate activities on a weekly basis
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork is completed as needed to include: accident reports, sign in sheets, weekly tally sheets, and opening and closing sheets
- Attends all required staff meetings
- Pages parent/guardian if necessary to attend to discipline issues and attend to personal needs (diaper changing, changing clothes, restroom assistance)
- Ensures parents are adhering to the Kids Club policies and signs child in and out of facility
- Ensures that all safety precautions are taken when receiving and releasing children to the parent/legal guardian by using the Parental ID check in process.
- Must ensure no drinks or foods are in the Kids Club
- Must be accountable for children at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years childcare experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Infant and Child First Aid and CPR certification required
- Ability to safely lift and hold children
- Ability to setup play equipment and pick up toys
- Must be able to communicate well with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication with adult parent(s) required
- Requires the ability to stand or sit for up to 8 hours throughout the workday
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone