Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Wunder Mobility
Salary: €50.000 - €70.000
Expires at: 2019-01-18
Wunder is a mobility marketplace and tech platform providing carpooling, smart shuttles, and free-floating sharing to end customers, corporates, and cities. Our goal is to build the best mobility tech company in the world.
We are providing the full stack of new mobility solutions. We deploy our technologies directly to consumers in Asia, Europe, the United States, and Latin America as well as in technology partnerships with cities and corporates.
Wunder's Product team is hiring a Data Engineer to be based in our Hamburg HQ. As a Senior Data Analyst on the product team, you will need to be fluent in all parts of the data ecosystem and their impacts, as well as understand the complexity of the business from both a product and marketing perspective. You will be responsible to obtain and interpret data from databases and to create cutting-edge experiments that will enhance the way Wunder uses technology to offer a world-leading mobility marketplace and tech platform. You will be comfortable sharing your knowledge and expertise with the rest of the team.
With a strong focus on seamless user experiences and funnels, we balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on data. So you'll have an impact on the features being built and the direction the product is heading. This role reports to the VP Product.
- Shape and execute a technological mid and long-term vision for data engineering with the team
- Manage and improve data-warehouse to provide the base for reporting, marketing & product analytics
- Build and improve software solutions to support the work of Data Analysts and other teams in their daily work
- Identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demands and supplies in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
- At least 4 years experience in working with complex data models
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, and SQL
- Experience with managing Redshift (setting dist & sort keys, user management, UDF, query tuning)
- Experience with defining ETL pipelines using Airflow
- Experience with third-party data integration using APIs
- Demonstrated ability to process complex information and dependencies in a continuously evolving environment
- Experience with building data streaming applications using Amazon Kinesis, Spark Streaming etc.
- You will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to make road travel smarter and more sustainable
- You will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of dynamic, highly motivated and talented individuals
- You will join a global company, with a real international culture and vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile.
- You will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and desires for each member to reach their full potential and continue learning
- You will enter a high-growth structure which means that you will be constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and change regularly
- You will be part of regular office events and teambuilding
- Beginning: We will help you with your visa application, German admin help (finding an apartment, etc.) and onboarding
- Share options: Being part of the sharing economy, every employee will have the option to take part in the success of the company