EMS-Special Events Medical Management (PRN/Wage)
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by UVA Health
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assesses and treats ill and injured patients in accordance with local and University protocols. Responsible for administering advanced life support care to critically ill or injured persons in a safe environment.
* Maintains safety as a primary responsibility throughout all aspects of care and transportation.
* Identifies potential areas for improved care.
* Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others per department policy.
* In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $20.00 - $20.00 Hourly
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: minimum 6 months as an EMT with an EMS agency. TJEMS or CSEMS agency preferred.
License/Certification: Certified as a Health Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate or Paramedic in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Valid Virginia Driver's License (VADL) required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required. EVOC Class 2 (minimum) certification required and be a released driver. AHA ACLS and AHA PALS certification required. Must be a released practicing provider with EMS agency.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician's Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.