Account Executive, Commercial
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-IL-Chicago
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
This role is based within our Medium Business Sales team here at Mimecast and we are looking for an exceptional person with strong sales skills for the Western region. The Medium Business team focuses on opportunities between 350 - 1,499 employees. This is a very rich part of the US market, and a space where the Mimecast proposition resonates very well. The ideal candidate must be a self-motivated, strong team player with a proven track record of success in generating new business. A good understanding of the corporate technology stack as well as cloud computing will be beneficial. A strong work ethic is vital in this competitive market place. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, agile but well-structured sales environment that is regularly reinventing itself.
As a partner centric organization, Medium Business Sales Account Managers will be supported by and need to work closely with, the Business Development, Partner Development, Marketing teams as well as our partner community, to build a pipeline of new business opportunities which they can successfully transition into new customers. Identification of sales opportunities within assigned territory. Identify and implement strategies to sell solutions into new accounts. Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual new business targets. Work with the Partner / Channel Development team to develop and execute against account plans. Build and maintain relationships with new business prospects. Manage Business Administration by generating the reporting of the Key Performance Indicator's* and general CRM housekeeping. Sign up to and execute against a set of end to end sales methodology and process (Gold Standard Sales Orders). Monitor and report on activities while providing relevant management information. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties, aid business, and develop organizationally. Attend trainings and develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Degree level education (preferred but not required)
- Minimum 2 plus years IT sales experience (ideally within Email / Messaging / Security / Storage - but not essential)
- Proven sales achievement against revenue quota.
- Ideally with experience of both Direct & In-Direct sales roles.
- Understanding of Corporate IT teams and their buying processes
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Self-starter, dynamic, confident presentation
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of their team members
- Thirst for knowledge and a "can do" attitude
- Problem solver
- Proven team player
- Presentable, articulate and adaptable
- Comfortable with a high performance and dynamic environment
- Ability to be confident and to show humility
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.