Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by IRS Recruitment
We have an exciting permanent opportunity due to expansion for a Process Chemist based in Halesworth, Suffolk. Our client is offering a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum for this full-time role. If you have the right skills and experience we urge you to apply now to join this established business who are renowned for creating well-known products that go on to win prestigious awards in their sector.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday with flexitime 08.00hrs-17.00hrs
Working in a supportive role to both the Development Chemists and the Innovations Manager in three key areas, namely, Bulk Structures, Bulk Reworks and Raw Material evaluation/method development. As a Process Chemist you will ensure a smooth transition of formulation scale-up from laboratory through to production by carefully managing key administrative duties using internal systems (Creativity and Winman).
Process Chemist Job Duties:
* Requesting approval of new stock raw materials from the Managing Director.
* Manage the trial process by supervising all trials and reporting findings.
* Creating New Raw Material Stock codes and updating relevant internal systems.
* Creating, maintaining and uploading planner sheets & Winman Bulk Production templates, ensuring accurate and consistent methods and specifications.
* Ensuring Senior Chemist sign-off for all Winman Bulk Structures.
* Support production in-situ reworks, ensuring minimal disruption to the daily production plan.
* Investigating root cause and liaising with the Chemists to ensure problems do not re-occur.
* Support Quality Control and the Chemists by providing swift remedial action for bulk rejects, assisting in root cause investigation and attending rework process with unit production operators.
* Troubleshooting repeated batch rejects/in-situ reworks, providing solutions and recommendations to the Chemists and Production Manager.
Raw Material Evaluation
* Under direction from the Senior Chemists and Technical Manager process, evaluate, assess, record and report alternative materials with existing formulations.
* Process, evaluate, assess, record and report improvements and amendments to existing formulation methods.
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy, particularly when working under pressure
* Solid problem-solving and investigation skills
* A good knowledge and competency of the core Microsoft tools
* Previous experience of producing formulations and an understanding of production is essential
Please click APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.