Director of Annuity Valuation
Posted on Jan 15, 2019 by Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
The Director of Annuity Valuation role is a new position being created for managing the indexed and/or variable annuities valuation activities of Brighthouse Financial. This position will manage and oversee the actuarial valuation (GAAP, Statutory, and Tax) including financial reporting, analysis, modeling and SOX compliance for the indexed and/or variable annuities business in the new organization. He or she will have responsibility on assuring Brighthouse applies and meets the reserve and valuation standards under various reporting basis and supporting valuation analysis for insights to manage the financial and actuarial risks embedded in indexed and/or variable annuity products.
- Direct the indexed and/or variable annuities valuation team for monthly and quarterly valuation production duties for Statutory/Tax and GAAP financial reporting for the indexed and/or variable annuity block
- Act as a subject matter expert on indexed and/or variable annuity valuation concepts including AG33, AG35, AG43, C3P2, FAS97, FAS133, SOP 03-1, GAAP Target Improvements, VA Reform/QIS studies, etc.
- Track and review SOX controls to ensure quality and integrity of financial reports
- Lead analysis of GAAP, Statutory and Tax reserves results for the indexed and/or variable annuity block
- Lead development of valuation analytics to support financial and actuarial risk management insights for indexed and/or variable annuities
- Lead admin and valuation system conversion projects for indexed and/or variable annuities
- Support data requests from reinsurance, pricing, and internal audit departments
- Monitor changes in actuarial regulations and assess company standards to ensure compliance
- Lead the development of actuarial talent in the Annuities Valuation unit
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- FSA with 7+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities within an actuarial department, or ASA with 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Experience with indexed and/or variable annuity valuation, including AG33, AG35, AG43/C3P2/NAIC VA Reform, FAS97, FAS133, SOP 03-1, etc. preferred
- Attentions to details required
- Knowledge of indexed and/or variable annuity product designs preferred, including living benefit riders
- Experience with valuation and projection software such as Prophet, PolySystems, Pathwise, etc. preferred
- Strong interpersonal and project/people management skills required
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences required
- Must have strong ability to make decisions; ability to consider multiple aspects while making business decisions
- Knowledge of indexed and/or variable annuity derivatives hedging and asset liability management and or cash flow testing plus
- Knowledge of capital market valuation of derivatives and portfolio investments plus
- CERA, CFA, or MBA designation plus
Less than 5%
Number of Openings:
Director of Annuity Valuation