IT Principal Auditor - Assistant Vice President
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Deutsche Bank - US
Job Title: IT Principal Auditor
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Group Audit runs a professional, business focused, proactive risk based global audit function that operates with openness, integrity and independence, and which assists the business mitigate high level control risks in the implementation of Group strategy.
Group Audit believes in the partnership model but one that is discharged with independence and integrity and this is a key message that auditors carry when dealing with clients. It is essential that both auditor and the client understand and appreciate that an objective assessment of control risks is a value-added service, which operates only if mutual trust is established and maintained.
Group Audit is a team that prides itself in establishing the highest standard in professional delivery.
Group Audit is inextricably linked to promoting strong corporate and ethical governance, a philosophy that is the responsibility of each and every person employed within Deutsche Bank.
Group Audit is about trust, excellence, people and performance.
- A Principal Auditor within the Technology CIB team reports into a global Principal Audit Manager (PAM) who in turn reports into the Chief Auditor Technology (CA). Both, the PAM and the CA have global responsibility
- You will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant areas in accordance with Group Audit Methodology and the established risk assessment framework
- You will support implementation of the Group Audit risk-based methodology including; performing coverage of automated business processes and the respective technology environment and supporting Continuous Audit Assessment
- You will be required to lead and successfully deliver Technology audits, or participate in integrated Business and Technology audits, both locally and globally
- You will work on Front to Back Audits along with the CIB operational audit team and cover the IT application and related infrastructure controls of the global and regional CIB application landscape
- You will plan audits e.g. documenting activity flows of the processes to be reviewed, identifies risks and the key actual controls in place to mitigate the identified risks and attends meetings with internal stakeholders as and when required
- You will be required to generate impactful draft audit reports for review by senior Group Audit management and to facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues
- You will review and provide expert opinions on action plans provided by clients, helping them develop robust remediation plans
- You will be required to complete all work assigned to them promptly, within agreed budget. This may also include ad-hoc projects and special investigations
- You will be required to proactively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas. You will work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally
- You will understand CIB's business needs and expectations for Technology support and will continue to develop technical expertise relevant to the industry
- You may be required to travel to other offices to provide audit coverage at these locations