Business Development Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Ground Control Ltd
Ground Control are currently investing heavily in our successful Business Development division and are seeking a high calibre sales hunter join our Business Development (Winter Maintenance) team. It is not a requirement that you have prior winter maintenance experience; however this will be advantageous, as will your knowledge of our vertical markets and those associated contacts and networks within this.
We are the UK's leading grounds and winter maintenance company and the only recipient of the Queens Award for Enterprise (Innovation) within our industry. After our acquisition of a significant winter maintenance provider in the UK in 2017, Ground Control are now the largest provider of gritting and snow clearance services in the country. Our core purpose is to create and maintain external environments that are safe and enjoyable for all. Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We are dedicated to all of our employees achieving their career ambitions and invest in this significantly.
The purpose of this position is to grow our winter maintenance portfolio. You will be vital to the success of our business and will need to have a passion for driving new business sales. You'll have full autonomy, continual sales support and ongoing training (as required) in order to facilitate your success.
You'll be responsible for achieving realistic new business sales targets (annual) and will be a part of an established, high performance team. You will require a consultative sales approach, the ability to identify appropriate opportunities and establish rapport with key decisions makers.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience within b2b sales / business development .
- Previous experience securing large contracts within the grounds and/or winter maintenance industry would be highly advantageous. The ability to secure contracts in a seasonal marketplace and in a challenging, competitive environment is essential.
- Possess exemplary client relationship management and be responsive to customers' requests.
- Ability to deliver results, with a proven track record of delivering or exceeding sales targets whilst being continually attuned to clients' needs and industry developments.
- Proficient IT skills, confident user of CRM systems with strong knowledge of MS Office
- Full UK driving licence.
- Self-starter, professional, first class interpersonal skills with high energy and enthusiasm.
- Ambitious, hungry for success, focussed on achieving results/ goals.
- A persuasive negotiator with powerful presentation skills: we need the Business Development Manager to facilitate the consultative process and see this through to close.
- Strong project planning, organisational and commercial business skills.
- Articulate with clarity in all written materials and the ability to present sales propositions effectively.
- Responsive to feedback, receptive to client needs with an inner drive to go beyond what is expected.
- Flexible with work time. Able to perform out of hours' duties, travel as necessary and perform weekend work if required.
- A willingness to take personal responsibility to see to it that we achieve success.
Our values are the key to our ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
- A desire to win
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Innovation and embracing change
- Valuing each other
- Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
- Seeking value in everything we do
Omega Resource Group
Bell Cornwall Recruitment
The Talent Boutique
Madisons Recruitment Ltd
Palmer McCarthy Recruitment Solutions
Connect 3 Recruitment