Category Manager - Workforce
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Hays CB
Designing a world class strategy, shaping and influencing markets through SRM, providing strategic category direction and creating outstanding commercial solutions. These are just some of the activities carried out by procurement specialists working at the Crown Commercial Service (CCS), an organisation that procures common goods and services for government and the wider public sector.
CCS is one of the largest procurement organisations in Europe, and there are few opportunities to influence spend on this size and scale elsewhere. CCS have been on a transformation journey and as they continue to grow and evolve they are looking for best in class procurement talent to join their team.
This is a truly unique and unparalleled opportunity to accelerate your procurement career, as well as the satisfaction of being able to see the impact of your work saving money and creating efficiencies on behalf of the taxpayer, and therefore everyone in the UK.
Category Manager - Workforce
The Workforce sub-category includes leading edge contingent labour and permanent resourcing models and currently has a spend of over £1.3bn and growing. This category has a strong pipeline of future growth and savings opportunities and CCS are now seeking Category Managers to work with the Category Leads to support the drive of this.
The Category Manager will work with the Category Lead to implement new frameworks, as well as inputting to the strategy for future iterations, working to build alignment across government and the wider public sector customer base.
This will include establishing and managing a personal network of senior stakeholders across various organisations, building strong personal relationships with suppliers, internal customers and other category experts across both public and private sector.
You will work pro-activity, flexibility and with a collaborative attitude to support the delivery of an excellent end-to-end procurement service for cross government customers.
You will be an experienced and driven procurement or commercial practitioner who is looking to take the next steps in your procurement career. You will demonstrate:
- Proven experience of commercial category management (public or private sector)
- Experience of end to end procurement as well as managing complex, high value commercial arrangements.
- Exposure to, and an interest in the contingent labour/permanent recruitment category
- Experience managing customer and supplier relationships, including excellent communication and very engaging interpersonal skills
- A track record of delivery within a large / complex organisation
- The ability to operate within a changing environment and operate in sometimes ambiguous situations
- MCIPS qualified or willing to study towards this
Civil Service Competencies:
- Collaboration and Partnering
- Leading and Communicating
- Achieve Commercial Outcomes
- Managing a Quality Service
- Deliver at Pace
This is an environment for people who are really interested in driving change and transformation, and who relish the opportunity to have the scope to implement, design and run best in class commercial vehicles.
You will be joining an organisation committed to your development where you will enjoy a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements, along with a generous annual leave entitlement.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career then please contact Linda Todd on