Part-time Operations Coordinator
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by KIPP Bay Area Public Schools
KIPP Excelencia Community Prep Summary
KIPP Excelencia Community Prep opened in August 2015 and serves the students of Redwood City who are committed to doing whatever it takes to get to college. The mission of KIPP Excelencia Community Prep is to inspire and empower all children so that they are successful through college and impact their communities. We are seeking a part-time office assistant to support the team at KIPP Excelencia Community Prep.
This position is an opportunity to play a role in the development of a school-wide atmosphere focused on academic achievement, character, and college-readiness. Staff members must thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere and have prior experience working as part of a team to impact student academic and character growth.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for supporting the front office of the school and the staff in creating a joyful learning environment. They will serve as the first point of contact for any students, families, staff, or visitors in the office. They will assist in the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the instructional team to focus on teaching and learning. They will provide leadership as the main point of contact during the after-school program hours in the absence of the Program Manager.
This position reports to the Upper School Operations Manager and will start part-time on January 7, 2019, goes until the end of the school year on June 12th. This is a part-time, non-exempt position located in Redwood City. The hours are Monday through Friday 12pm-4pm.
Roles and Responsibilities
Office Set-Up & Operations
- Welcome and direct visitors according to the school's sign-in procedure
- Manage the process of collecting all cumulative folders from previous schools
- Assist in asset tagging all technology in the classrooms and keeping an accurate inventory of these items
- Manage all school inventory of furniture and supplies
- Maintain general organization and upkeep of office
- Support Scholar Services Coordinator in all daily school operations tasks
Recruitment & Enrollment
- Maintain databases by inputting registration packets and miscellaneous student information
- Assist in managing all incoming applications and enrollment paperwork for new and returning students
After School Program
- Provide leadership and supervision to program staff, acting as the primary point of contact in the absence of the Program Manager
- Manage front office during after school program hours including but not limited to helping all parents that come to the school office and maintaining general organization
- Ensure a safe, positive after-school learning environment for all students.
- Communicate with teachers, administrators, and parents to ensure the academic and personal success of students.
- Create attendance-taking procedures and manage all documentation associated with student attendance
- Support the collection of program data such as attendance and activity outcomes.
- Model positive behavior and classroom management techniques with children.
- Ensure activity set-up, clean-up, and facility cleanliness and organization.
- Support in managing the relationship and coordination with the external vendors (Police Activities League) that provide after-school programming
- Manage collection and record-keeping of various student fees
- Support team as needed to build a safe, joyful learning environment
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma required
- Previous work experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a school or non-profit preferred
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize and multi-task among competing goals
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP Bay Area Schools' mission and values
- Fluent in Spanish
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly, non-exempt position that includes full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.