Sr. Network & Security Consultant - US
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Rockwell Automation
THIS POSITION COULD BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
Our Sr. Networks Consultant role encompasses the lead technical advisor responsibilities for interfacing with our valued clients on large scale, multi-site global projects to develop and deploy robust network solutions. The Sr. Networks Consultant will interact directly with key internal and external contacts on the deployment and rollout of network infrastructure and security related efforts. These projects will be specific to enabling a Connected Enterprise by connecting the Industrial Internet of Things at our key global customer facilities.
Potential candidates should have:
- 'Hands-on' experience in assessing, designing, and deploying network infrastructure in environments including process automation, discrete controls, and automated manufacturing processes / equipment.
- Experience in designing and deploying network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) within an Industrial Network
- Understanding of various industry standards including ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NERC, IDC, NEC and NIST standards. Specific focus on NIST 800-82, NERC-CIP, IEC-62443 Standards would be an added benefit
- Experience in PLC, Networking and SCADA design/programming including data extraction and data analysis.
- Solid technical skills with various Ethernet protocols including EtherNet/IP, specifically around assessment, design and implementation of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills and commercial skills, ability to handle multiple projects / interactions, and ability to interact with various global teams, clients and vendors including those in international regions.
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and / or security concepts, practices, and procedures, to include manufacturing and enterprise network convergence, network protocols, communication optimization, application effects on system performance and human exploitation techniques on the manufacturing network.
- Experience in developing and deploying solutions in a virtual environment.
- Design, implement and support key global customers' converged business and manufacturing/industrial networks and user needs in parallel with their overall business strategies.
- Write detailed documentation that could include customer requirements, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation plans in order to develop or modify manufacturing infrastructure.
- Design, recommend, and implement network infrastructure and associated configuration changes.
- Design customer secure manufacturing architectures and provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to customers.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree. If no degree, 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Control Systems, Network Engineering, and Industrial Security Controls.
- Flexibility for travel 25% - 50% is required and can include both domestic and international trips.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- THIS JOB COULD BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE US FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
- Minimum of 5+ years in Industrial Networking related experience
- Recognized Network Certification (CCNA Industrial, CCNA / CCNP / CCIE Routing and Switching/Wireless, VCA, VCP, Cisco INS, GICSP)
- RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, Studio 5000 Exposure
- FactoryTalk View Experience
- FactoryTalk AssetCentre Experience
- Ability to speak multiple languages an added benefit for interfacing with various global teams
- 8+ years of hands-on experience configuring IT/OT network infrastructure equipment (Cisco Switches, Virtual Server Environments, Cisco ASA, Anti-Virus Software)
- In depth understanding of Ethernet/IP and CIP protocol
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary global team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Akron - Ohio, Cincinnati - Ohio, Cleveland - Ohio, Mayfield Village - Ohio, Twinsburg - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
alternate solutions health network