Legal Entity Management - Senior Manager
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Morgan Stanley USA
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm-wide risk management and risk reduction. The Global Treasurer manages Corporate Treasury, a department consisting of approximately 130 employees globally, and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Within the Finance Division, Corporate Treasury plays a critical role as an advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Corporate Treasury manages the Firm's liquidity and capital resources and accesses funding markets to support the Firm's business-as-usual business objectives and stressed liquidity requirements. In addition, Corporate Treasury maintains relationships with the Firm's industry and government regulators, coordinates its relationships with rating agencies, lenders and creditors, manages the Firm's structural foreign exchange and interest rate exposures, and serves as a conduit of financial information to the outside investment and regulatory community.
Corporate Treasury's policies and strategy are informed in part by the regulatory landscape in which the Firm currently operates. Corporate Treasury provides essential information to the Firm's business units regarding cost allocation for financial resources; establishes and maintains the Firm's liquidity, unsecured funding and capital policies and procedures; and reports regularly on liquidity, funding and capital issues to various internal risk and control committees, bank regulatory bodies, as well as to the Firm's Board of Directors.
Corporate Treasury is structured into multiple areas of expertise, including funding, liquidity planning, liquidity management, risk management, legal entity management and strategy and operations management. The Corporate Treasury function operates primarily in New York, London, Hong Kong and Japan, with additional presence in Zurich, Frankfurt, Moscow, Budapest and Shanghai.
- Evaluate the impact of changes to regulatory requirements to the Firm's legal entities, including the assessment of incremental resource requirements and necessary changes in legal entity strategy
- Independently assess proposed changes to the Firm's booking models
- Monitor and report on aspects of legal entities with regards to their Capital, Liquidity and Funding positions and in regards to regulatory requirements
- Independently manage agenda and materials for senior governance forums and working groups
- Coordinate among groups across Corporate Treasury and around the Firm to support strategic initiatives
- Run analysis and deliverables for ad-hoc requests
Skills required (essential)
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
- Self-motivated with high personal standards for quality of work
- Strong analytic capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity. Previous experience in a corporate finance, strategy or consulting role an advantage
- Experience with balance sheets and financial impact analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with people at varied skill and seniority levels
- Inquisitive, and pro-active mindset with strong critical thinking skills
- Can work productively in a team-oriented environment with competing priorities
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 4-6 years of professional experience
- Required: Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or a related discipline Legal Entity Management - Senior Manager