Associate, Accounts Payable
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by National Math and Science Initiative
What will you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us, they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without our staff, NMSI is just an idea. As a member of the Finance Team, the Associate, Accounts Payable will play a critical role in supporting the functions that enable our team to do its best work. Specifically, you will be primarily responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records. This a regular, full-time position based out of our Dallas office.
What are the details?
- Process and code invoices and credit card transactions for payment
- Answer vendor inquiries
- Prepare accounts payable checks
- Print accounts payable reports and maintain accounts payable files
- Assist in the processing of expense report reimbursements
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Prepare analysis of accounts
- Assist in monthly closings
- Perform other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience - You have a high school diploma and knowledge of general accounting principles with at least three years in an Accounts Payable or similar role required. You have strong working knowledge of Excel and Word and experience using accounting software. Financial Edge, Chrome River and/or PaperSave experience a plus but not required.
- Organized & Detail-oriented - You are a master at planning your day and you pay attention to the details.
- Productive - You can handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously, working independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Customer Centric - You can get along well with external and internal customers, providing support through exceptional follow-through.
- Inclusive - You can work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type-or any other factor that makes us unique!