Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Anonymous
JAM Blurb: Join a world-renowned aerospace and defence organisation as a Production Planner in Portsmouth.
Would you like to join a global aerospace and defence organisation? Do you want to play a key part in protecting the lives and futures of others?
Due to continued investment, this leading-edge manufacturing business is currently in the midst of a huge recruitment drive and is looking for an to join their growing team in Portsmouth on a 6 Months contract.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work with a true leader on some of the biggest challenges and most advanced technologies in the industry.
Within the role of a Production Planner, you'll be responsible for:
* Carry out all pre-production checks to ensure that the tasks can be moved through the
Ways of Working process utilizing the Yellow board to enable work to progress through onto Green. To also rectify Planning issues identified on the Pink and Red boards to assist progress back through to Green.
* Interpret customer requirements to create suitable task list breakdown structures
representing current production processes and method, to identify dependencies and carry out any required low-level scheduling.
* Identify the materials, sub-contracts and services required in support of the work and liaise with the supply chain function and review quotes to ensure plans contain an accurate cost and all the work scope is covered.
To succeed within the role of Production Planner you'll have experience in a similar position, and you'll ideally have the following skills:
* Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
* Ability to read and interpret technical drawings/specifications and customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technic al issues.
* Ability to carry out ship visits both in the UK and abroad to evaluate customer requirements in more detail
APPLY NOW If this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear from you! To apply for the position of Production Planner, please send your CV to Kerry McMenamin via the 'apply now' button. ***[PLEASE NOTE: Insert something to create urgency. i.e. interviews are being held in the next 2 weeks]***
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn