Associate Research Analyst
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by S&P Global
THE ROLE: ASSOCIATE RESEARCH ANALYST
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a television industry expert to support our TV programming coverage. Our product is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the broad and dynamic media and communications sector, including coverage of broadcast, multichannel video, TV programming, film, online media, wireless, advertising, and technology.
You will be responsible for covering TV Programming in North America, building out projections for content spending and maintaining databases.
Responsibilities include financial and strategic analysis, as well as writing articles related to the sector. Successful candidates will possess strong analytical and writing backgrounds with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis, perform phone and in-person interviews with high-level executives, and give presentations to large groups.
This role requires the capability to understand media company financials and strategies, synthesize fast changing dynamics, anticipate market movement from current and past trends, and draw actionable conclusions and market intelligence.
THE LOCATION: MONTEREY, CA
The Team: With just over a dozen experienced media research professionals in the Monterey office, you will enjoy a small-team atmosphere. Close to the coast, Monterey offers a wealth of outdoor activities and attractions. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value collaboration and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
The Impact: You will have the opportunity to drive our TV programming coverage with a focus on basic cable networks in addition to covering topics including TV program budgets and success rates of series. Every single day you will use your attention to detail and analytical skills to collect relevant data from online sites, company-filed reports, interviews, and industry conferences. A writer by trade, you will create data-driven articles and reports that make us the premier source of business intelligence in the Media and Communications industry.
What's in it for you: This is a great opportunity to utilize your financial and writing skills to develop new television research and evolve our coverage. In this role you will immerse yourself in the exciting and constantly-evolving TV content market, meet industry executives, and position yourself as a television expert.
- Data collection for the TV industry.
- Production of regular written analysis focusing on key issues in the TV market.
- Research and forecast the TV market on both a network and industry level.
- Interact with clients, reporters, and other S&P Global teams.
- Working with the research team to share information, significant findings, and ideas.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Writing background with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, to self-manage your schedule, and to meet demanding deadlines.
- MS office / Excel / Word / Powerpoint / Strong Google Search Skills
- Some travel required.
- Required Education: Undergraduate degree.
- Previous work experience.
- Experience working as an Analyst in media research or TV industry is helpful.
- Education: MBA and secondary degree preferred.
- Previous experience interacting with clients and/or high level executives, including phone and in-person interviews, and presenting research and analysis to C-level audiences.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Associate Research Analyst