Finance Manager, MI and Planning - Manchester
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Santander
Turn big plans for your career into action
This role sits within the finance department to support senior management by producing Financial Management Information relevant to the business and performing a Business Partner role.
You will work within a team of 8 finance professionals in a high profile area of the bank, working alongside senior stakeholders and business leaders. The role will involve business partnering with allocated stakeholders and working with commercial / business teams to identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Finance Manager - MI and Planning, your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring that all financial aspects of the segment are produced in accordance with appropriate financial controls and accounting convention.
- Production of monthly management review pack.
- Production of month end reporting and analysis including analysis of results and understanding of drivers. This includes the full Profit and Loss and the Balance Sheet.
- Timely production of the MI and issue of appropriate level management reports that provide directors and senior management with key information to control and plan business operations.
- Close liaison with Ledger Reporting to understand the drivers behind the results.
- Ensure MI reporting requirements continue to be met during system changes.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with at least 2 years PQE experience.
- Financial services experience with knowledge of bank capital requirements and regulations is desirable.
- Good analytical mind, with focus on attention to detail, coupled with experience of budgeting, planning and business partnering.
- Good relationship management skills with senior stakeholders with an ability to effectively communicate with senior management.
- Experience of managing or mentoring a junior team member is desirable.
Salary is £50,000 - £55,000 basic
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.