Regional IS Field Tech Supervisor
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Regional IS Field Tech Supervisor
Requisition Primary Location
The Woodlands, Texas
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. Motivated, autonomous and entrepreneurial leaders thrive in our environment.
We have an immediate opening for a Field Tech Supervisor supporting remote based field technicians throughout our Sothern Region operations. The position will be located at our Regional Headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. This position will be internal-client service focused and we are looking for a person whose passion for excellence will contribute to process and people efficiencies that help make Waste Connections a great place to work.
The Team Lead for the Southern Region Field Technician team is responsible for leading a team of individuals providing in-person and first-level support for IT requests generated primarily via a ticketing system, phone calls and travel to physical sites located throughout the southeastern United States. The Team Lead will actively assist the IS Customer Service Manager in developing and monitoring metrics to help drive the effectiveness of the team. The successful candidate will have an outstanding customer service orientation, a deep understanding of process discipline and the value of metrics, and will work tirelessly to help the team improve service and grow their careers.
- Monitor process execution and service of the field based team, identifying coaching opportunities and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate and serve as an example to field technicians the service culture and vision and values of the corporate IS team.
- Collaborate with all levels of regional and site based employees to maintain alignment of IS services and assessment of ongoing technical requirements.
- Install, configure and support desktop hardware and software applications.
- Work with Data and Telecom service providers on improvements and situational issues.
- Provide team direction and support for workstations, including handling after hour's calls as assigned.
- Develop and implement processes to effectively deploy, change and move workstations and workstation software.
- Follow established procedures for monitoring of systems and problem management.
- Direct, assign and execute team involvement of special projects.
- Provide system documentation and training for field technicians and Help Desk associates.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
- 3-5 years of Network Administration with customer service interaction
- Previous team leadership of IS Help Desk or remote field technicians
- Experience working with Microsoft OS and Office Applications
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience supporting remote sites including hardware and wiring
Apply today and Connect with Your Future - .
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement, and relocation assistance.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)