Personal Assistant - Customer Relationships - Flexible Working Availab
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by C. Hoare and Co.
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
The over arching focus of the role is to enhance and develop the customer network of one of the Partner's of the bank. This will create opportunities for closer ties between customers and the Partner and allow value to be added to both existing and new customer relationships.
*The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
Ideally educated to degree level, but other higher education qualifications may also be considered
Background and experience necessary:
- User knowledge of CRM systems
- Experience of direct interactions with customers
- Familiarity with NPS scores
- Though not essential, banking experience would be useful especially in a Private Banking environment
- Report writing skills
- Research skills utilising broad data sources
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong evidence of effective diary management and the set-up of small scale events [dinners, utilisation of existing corporate events etc]
- Good at managing upwards with solid experience of working with senior leaders of an organisation
- Utilised Microsoft Office product set
- Personable with a quick ability to build rapport with customers and colleagues
- Highly collaborative and inclusive in terms of work style
- Persistent in the delivery of target outcomes
- Strong evidence of self-starter skills
- Curious mind to establish good fact bases
- Very good telephone manner and experience in talking with High Net Wealth customers over the telephone. These telephone skills may have been developed at a Private Bank, but other premium customer environments such as those in hospitality or retail will also be considered
Principal duties and responsibilities:
The core focus of the role is to identify interesting customers for the Partner to meet. The Partner is aligned to a certain number of customers already, but, if appropriate, it would be possible to consider the broader customer base and indeed potential customers for relationship development.
Proactive searching for interesting customers will primarily take place through three channels:
- Interrogation of CRM and other bank systems
- Undertaking research on existing and potential new customer activities
- Collaborating with the bank's Relationship Managers. Note that this initiative is designed to enhance the RM relationship, not to replace it
Maintain excellent record keeping of whom the Partner has met and the key outcomes from the meeting. Appropriate follow up must be made.
Assist the Partner in planning events (e.g. meetings, lunches, dinners, external entertaining.
Collaborate with the relevant "initiative heads" (e.g. landed estates, entrepreneurs, family business) regarding partner sponsorship and suitable attendees for bank events.
Ensure the Partner is fully briefed before any meeting on customer background, previous contact etc.
C. Hoare and Co.
C. Hoare and Co.
Investors in People