Graduate Product Manager
Posted on Jan 20, 2019 by Smithers Information Ltd
We are currently looking to recruit a Graduate Product Manager to join our highly skilled and successful team. You will be part of a team who manage market reports that help all kinds of organisations to forecast future developments in dynamic and varied industry sectors. This role is ideal for someone looking to make the move to a career in product management, and learn best practice in running effective and commercially successful projects.
In the role of Graduate Product Manager, some of your duties will include:
- Manage report projects from conception to completion - defining research scopes, managing projects timeline and ensuring delivery to high standards
- Finding, negotiating with and managing expert authors for your products worldwide
- Researching commercial opportunities for new market reports - finding opportunities for exciting products in new sectors
- Enjoying dynamic, varied projects, across a wide variety of report topics and industries
Benefits include private medical, excellent development opportunities and an early finish on a Friday!
In the Graduate Product Manager role we require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Numeracy as well as language skills
- Commercial thinking
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Appetite to learn and develop in the role
At Smithers we provide B2B events, market research, publications and strategic and technical consulting across 4 brands in 10 different vertical industries.
We are renowned throughout numerous industry areas for our quality, high-calibre conferences, and our comprehensive and informative market research reports. We offer independent and expert market insight to allow companies to identify opportunities and grow their business.
In addition to offices in the US and UK, the organisation has specialist consultants worldwide.
We actively encourage career development and passionately support those who want to pursue and develop within the Smithers family. We have numerous examples of progression throughout the business and within some of our global businesses are proud that the average length of service amongst employees is a minimum of 10 years.