Town Planner | Preston | Friendly Firm
Posted on Jan 23, 2019 by Anonymous
Penguin Recruitment are pleased to represent a market leading planning consultancy in their search for an experienced Town Planner to join their growing team. Based in Preston, the successful Town Planner will have the opportunity to work within a specialist planning consultancy to deliver planning assistance across the Residential, Housing, Commercial, Mixed Use and Retail Sectors.
* Submitting planning applications and preparing appeals
* Preparing Policy representations
* Providing verbal evidence at Appeals and Examinations
* Undertaking site visits and appraisals
* Hosting public exhibitions and preparing exhibition materials
* Maintaining strong relationships with clients, both old and new
* Participate and where required lead project teams
* Offering guidance to more junior level members of staff
The successful Town Planner will join a private consultancy with a vision to deliver the highest calibre of advice to achieve their clients' objectives. This consultancy are planning specialists working across the UK with a diverse client base, ranging from multi-national corporations, major landowners and housebuilders, as well as various local authorities and government bodies. This consultancy also have significant experience within community engagement, with extensive experience with public engagement and hosting public meetings.
A competitive salary with a discretional bonus and generous holiday package .The successful candidate will also receive a car allowance and generous benefits package.
So, if you have:
* An RTPI Accredited Degree
* 2+ years post membership experience
* Excellent communication skills with proven experience liaising with clients
* Proven understanding of processing both minor and major applications and appeals
* The ability to motivate peers and junior colleagues to provide a consistently high standard of work
Then this may be the role for you!
To apply for this role and others within the Planning sector, we encourage you to contact Angie Jones on (Apply online only) or apply with your CV below