Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Stellar Select Limited
Job Title: Bridging/Short Term Loan Underwriter
Location: London, City
Salary: £55-£70k depending on experience
Benefits: Pension scheme, Private Healthcare scheme
Hours: 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bridging/Short term loan Underwriter with a new lender. You will be responsible for underwriting bridging/short-term loans proposals, ensuring each application is in line with company and regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities and experience required for the role of Bridging/Short Term Loans Underwriter
- Underwrite approved bridging loan applications within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate.
- Manage a pipeline of cases in a fast paced, pressured environment. Accurately assessing the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
- Communicate lending rationales to Head of Credit and Credit Committee for cases that fall outside of company lending policy.
- Maintain relationships with the panel of introducers, surveyors and solicitors
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike. Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements in line with company training.
- Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector is essential, preference will be given to candidates with short term, bridging and property related lending
- Bridging or short term lending underwriting experience gained with a lender
- Experience of holding a mandate is essential
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting within approved lending mandate
For more information regarding the role of Bridging/Short-Term Loans Underwriter contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two working days