Global Procurement Manager - Aerospace & Defence
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Bramwith Consulting
Global Procurement Manager - Aerospace & Defence - Ftse 100 Blue Chip - Flexible Base Location - £60k - £80k + Car + Bonus + Package
To apply please contact:
Wideley regarded one of the most prestigious procurement teams in the UK, this iconic blue-chip is currently embarking upon wide-scale across multiple business units. As a result, a new project team has been assembled to develop procurement strategy behind major bids on a global scale. Working closely with director level stakeholders and local procurement units, you will play integral role in growth and development of the function.
- As part of a cutting-edge new practice within the procurement & supply chain team, you will take part in all aspects of bid proposal, strategy design and procurement execution to assist multiple business units. You will work with commercial teams to negotiate contracts and work with your team to fulfil the bid promises and deliver savings and value add for the category.
- Working with Director level stakeholders, you will be required to demonstrate market know-how and gravitas to influence major decisions across the aviation units. You will work continuously with the procurement units to help improve buy-in and design sustainable strategic sourcing policies.
What skills and experience are required?
- Strong strategic sourcing/category management skillset, with an advanced proficiency across all aspects of the end to end procurement sphere
- Previous industry experience in defence, aerospace, utilities or Manufacturing technology is ideal
- End to end exposure of procurement bid proposals, contract negotiations, and value add
- Excellent communication skills with the gravitas and confidence to lead on large negotiations and scope strategies
- Degree and MCIPS preferred
To apply please send an up to date copy of your cv through to
KEY SKILLS: Procurement, Purchasing, Category Manager, Category Lead, Aviation, Aerospace, Technology, Software, Telecoms, Systems, Bid Proposals, Bid Management, Manager, Team Management, Bristol, Project Procurement, London