Relationship Managers' Assistant - Flexible Working Available
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by C. Hoare and Co.
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
This is a key role in providing wide-ranging, proactive assistance to Senior Relationship/Relationship Managers including providing cover where appropriate.
The main focus is supporting the relationship management team provide a exceptional customer service to the bank's high net worth customers. This includes but is not limited to attending meetings and taking the necessary notes, completing required paperwork and customer record maintenance, and administrative co-ordination with other areas of the bank such as Banking Operations. This role will be required to be a point of contact with customers on a daily basis for all day to day issues.
*The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's grade A-C (including Maths and English) or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 2 A levels grades A-D or equivalent qualification
- CeMAP (Level 3) and/or Level 3 RMA Training Matrix or willingness to complete within 12 months of starting
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Willing to work towards Level 4 relevant financial qualification.
Background and experience necessary:
It is expected that candidates will have experience in the financial services sector looking after high net worth customers, possess a reasonable knowledge of financial markets and the economy in general.
A basic knowledge of banking security is preferable.
Familiarity with Microsoft office systems Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc is essential.
- Ability to work in a close team, with an appreciation of the values and ethos of the institution
- Highly articulate, good command of English, excellent communication and ability to present
- Strong numeracy skills
- The ability to work effectively, prioritise tasks efficiently and good organisational skills to work to deadlines
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Arrangement, organisation and preparation of customer and business development meetings
- Attend meetings with the Relationship Manager and prepare memoranda of notes as required
- Prepare straightforward, and where applicable more complex, lending propositions to the required standard
- Good understanding of Regulated Mortgage Contracts and Consumer Credit Act regulations
- Prepare new customer documentation
- Provide desk cover for Senior Relationship/Relationship Managers where necessary
- Business development support to Relationship Managers
- Represent the bank, and the department, at a minimum of 3 bank events per month
- Customer contact on all day to day issues
- Letters to customers and professional intermediaries
- Prepare and undertake customer reviews
- Monitor daily overdraft positions
- Adhere to the department's risk management regime by ensuring duties are conducted in a controlled and a compliant manner
C. Hoare and Co.
Jones Lang Lasalle
C. Hoare and Co.
C. Hoare and Co.