Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by McBarron Wood International IT
Our high profile Thames Valley based client is looking for talented Android developers who get excited about technology, who love learning new skills and who want to work for a company where building great software is a primary focus of the business. This is an opportunity to work for a progressive forward thinking company where the products that the Development team build are essential to the success of the company.
You will be working on new and interesting projects and gain exposure to the latest technologies, whilst at the same time having some fun and working with a great bunch of people. If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere where there is a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, this could be the job for you.
You will be working as a developer in one of their small, self-organising, cross functional teams in a place that knows the application of agile means far more than just putting the word Scrum in the title of meetings. Our client is serious about the application of Scrum and if you are successful and work for them you will gain exposure to working in a mature agile environment. Maintaining a team-centric philosophy is fundamental to our success with scrum so everyone is encouraged to take responsibility; they share in success when things are going well and everyone owns the problems when they are not.
Skills & Requirements MUST HAVE:
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Android Material design guidelines and best practices
- Experience of using the latest Android framework like Android Architecture Components (Room, Volley , ViewModel, LiveData)
- Excellent knowledge of building scalable code using dependency injection (Dagger, Kodein), RXJava, Retrofit/Volley
- Experience of building complex Android applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM etc)
- Experience working with a variety of web services data formats (e.g. JSON, XML, ProtoBuf), architectural styles (e.g. REST, SOAP) and authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth2.0)
- Excellent understanding of Junit, Mockito and Expresso.
- Good understanding of Gradle and the Android Studio build process
- Experience in developing applications in Kotlin
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well.
- More senior candidates (7+ years' experience) should demonstrate leadership potential and be able to tick a lot more of the nice to have boxes below.
So if you like what you have read so far, get in touch - attach your portfolio and let's talk?