Designer Motion Graphics
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by ESPN
The Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an intermediate level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product.
- Utilizes Adobe, Cinema4D, and VIZ-RT to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
- Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including Viz Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- 1-2 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
- Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
- Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.