PA - ASAP - 12 month Contract
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by Next Employment
PA - ASAP - 12 month Contract
I am recruiting for a polished, professional PA to provide support the Global Digital Leader who is also responsible for leading the companies Advanced Digital Engineering Group.
This person is responsible for leading my clients work in supporting clients to take advantage of the major transformation that they are experiencing as a result of digital and other advanced technologies. As a result, this Leader travels the globe extensively, has a busy and ever-changing diary and attends and participates in a number of high-profile events.
This role requires an experienced Personal Assistant to provide efficient and seamless support to the Global Digital Leader, covering a 12 month period of maternity leave.
You will make an impact in this role by...
- Managing various forms of incoming communication to the Leader, ensuring messages and enquiries are responded to and concluded in an appropriate way
- Managing and taking complete ownership of Leader's diary. Managing conflicts and suggesting solutions, negotiating and showing flexibility with Leader's time where possible with other Assistants and Leaders. Predicting and anticipating likely needs and changes and seeking smarter solutions. Setting up meetings and arranging appropriate room bookings
- Managing Leader's inbox and establishing protocols for action on emails, sharing information with others as appropriate. Recognising key stakeholders and understanding and remaining up to date with the Leader's business and projects. Understanding people hierarchy and dynamics internally and externally
- Preparing presentations on behalf of the Leader, researching as required the material needed
- Proofreading, grammar and sense checks, troubleshooting formatting of reports, presentations and other documents.
- Attending meetings and recording, transcribing and distributing minutes as required. Ensuring actions are followed up and any deadlines are met. Reading minutes of meetings and identifying actions for Leader
- Taking ownership and making all necessary travel arrangements for Leader, ensuring that travel plans are aligned to the Leader's priorities, with awareness of impact and suggest actions/solutions to maximise effective use of Leader's time. Understanding and managing logistics. Producing clear travel itinerary for extensive global travel
- Pre-empting problems and suggesting solutions, seeking direction from Senior Leader where necessary
- Taking ownership of organising events, which will include establishing requirements, managing budgets, booking appropriate venues and activities, and seeking authorisation/approval where required. Liaising with Marketing/PR and other parties as necessary to ensure that the events are successful. These events are likely to include conferences and overseas trips that involve a number of global leaders
- Providing cover for other Assistants on confidential and urgent matters, working collaboratively with the Business Support Team during busy spells or periods of leave
To achieve in this role, you are likely to have…
- Experience providing support at an executive level, ideally to a global leader
- Exceptional communication skills, in particular written communication including excellent spelling and grammar
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and other standard software, social media and communication tools.
- Excellent knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- An ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
- An ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- An ability to manage your own workload and manage upwards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- Able to work as part of a team or initiate and drive projects on your own. This role will include large periods of time when the Leader is physically not present and the role holder will be required to work independently.