Interim Project Manager
Posted on Jan 22, 2019 by CLEARLINE RECRUITMENT LTD
Job Title: Interim Project Manager
Salary: £28k-£30k pro rata
6 months contract
Our client based in Steyning is looking to recruit an Interim Project Manager. You will be working with conference teams, be responsible for the project management of domestic and international events. Lead, coordinate and direct the management and flow of key project milestones and activities. Ensure all events are consistently delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget.
- Development, production and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery. Coordinate with the Programme Director on event strategy and content.
- Deliver events on time, within budget, that meet (and aim to exceed) expectations, managing project risks and any issues arising
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines, project milestones and priorities on every project
- Communicate, maintain and develop client relationships. Liaise with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and other government departments, Embassies, High Commissions, international organisations and other contacts
- Manage relationships with partners and ensure that contractual requirements are fulfilled
- Manage operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently, to the required timescale and within budget
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction and support to allocated event teams
- Be responsible for all project budgets from start to finish, including those with Official development assistance (ODA) funding. Maximise participant income using fee negotiation skills
- Work with the Campaigns and Engagement Officer, be responsible for the communication plan for each event
- Manage external and overseas events, sourcing and overseeing venues and hotel contracts.
- Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery
- Experience in project management
- Exceptional organisational skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team
- Proven ability to monitor and control budgets
- Good communication skills
- Experience in managing external partner relationships
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Project management qualification
- Understanding of change management
- Experience of government policies and procedures
For more information please contact Jamie Watson at Clearline Recruitment.