GIR, Global Research Management, Business Unit Manager, Vice President
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Goldman Sachs USA
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The vice president will work within the Global Research Management Team, supporting the operational and administrative functions of the Global Macro Research and infrastructure groups within GIR. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with senior management in GIR on the development and implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the chief administrative officer for Global Macro Research and Research Publishing Group in strategic initiatives and administrative oversight of these businesses
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional efforts on a variety of strategic initiatives and special projects related to business operations with partners in Human Capital Management, Compliance, Legal, Finance, and Technology divisions
- Create annual budget plans and track business and other metrics for Global Macro Research
- Assist teams with strategically optimizing effectiveness and efficiency through best practice sharing and business planning strategy, and other managerial issues
- Develop management presentations (both internal and external)
- Serve as proxy for the CAO in divisional meetings to help advance key initiatives
- Handling multiple, time-sensitive projects and prioritizing accordingly, while ensuring the highest quality of work delivered
- Support senior management initiatives across the region such as recruiting, talent management, team offsites, meetings, events and training
- Map out processes and develop efficiencies and improvements
- Write communications to employees from regional leadership / d rafting internal and external memos
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Financial Industry; familiarity with GIR's work a plus
- Cross-regional collaboration and communication are critical to success in the seat
- Ability to work independently and directly with senior executives within GIR and across the firm
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Retain good judgment and discretion, particularly when placed in demanding situations
- Highly proactive and productive person who demonstrates initiative and ownership and can work with little direction on complicated, sensitive assignments and issues
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
GIR, Global Research Management, Business Unit Manager, Vice President, NY