Global Markets - Spread Product Investment Technologies Team - Venture
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Description of the Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated, inspirational self-starter to join Spread Products Investment Technologies ("SPRINT") team, to help Global Spread Products ("GSP") accelerate its growth trajectory and adapt to the changing industry landscape by delivering "outside-in" expertise while driving venture investing activities.
The candidate will be a core member of the Spread Products Investment Technologies ("SPRINT") team within Global Spread Products (GSP). Based in New York, this person will partner with subject matter experts in GSP, Citi Markets Infrastructure Investment team, and the venture team in Citi Ventures to drive connectivity among all innovation hubs within the firm. The candidate will be working on all aspects of the program to deliver strategy, sourcing, diligence, investing and partnership activities with the start-up community.
The position requires a highly credible leader with solid experience of venture investing, excellent understanding of how to develop new programs and strong ability to successfully navigate a highly matrixed organization. The individual must have the experience, energy, and broad business acumen to launch and continually enhance a global program. The candidate must also possess the interpersonal skills to effectively influence and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including executives in the local, regional and corporate offices to define and execute an effective program. Most importantly, the candidate must be relentlessly curious, as well as passionate about championing change within the Global Spread Products and the overall Markets business.
· Work as a key member of a fast-growing team managing a diverse portfolio of disruptive innovation initiatives
· Articulate how GSP is approaching various venture investing initiatives and how these apply to the strategic business priorities
· Drive connectivity among GSP, Market Infrastructure Investment, Citi Ventures and other internal key stakeholders; maintain close relationships, build trust with business partners to understand business needs and dynamics
· Partner with SPRINT's in-business leads to identify, prioritize and influence GSP's business and market infrastructure investment priorities
· Work with all regional sales teams and other internal stakeholders to engage clients to understand their business challenges and technology needs in an effort to support new revenue growth
· Engage and maintain close relationship with the start-up and venture capital communities; source, define and explore best in class emerging technologies and companies
· Develop subject matter expertise on disruptive enabling technologies related to GSP
· Conduct market explorations and develop landscapes to create detailed, fact-based analyses and recommendations
· Conduct due diligence on potential portfolio companies and contribute to investment memos
· Help post-investment management; work with existing portfolio companies to ensure their roadmaps are aligned to address Citi's challenges and to help them succeed in the market
· Hold discussions and trainings on trends in venture investing, disruptive technologies & innovation with internal parties
· Understand and publish thought leadership pieces on key market and technology trends developing within Spread Products.
· Define, sponsor, and shepherd Citi's Innovation Labs on behalf of the Global Spread Products' interests
· Develop, validate business model and manage commercialization process for GSP's technology and market infrastructure
· 7+ years of experience in venture investing, with deep understanding of the financial services industry
· Specific subject matter expertise in one or more related business functions within Spread Products market strongly preferred
· Solid product development, innovation and project management experience
· Flexibility to commute to the West Coast and internationally approximately 25% time of the year
· Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred, finance and/or technology background strongly recommended.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with senior leaders across various functional areas within Citi
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive recommendations to achieve buy-in at the executive level in a highly-matrixed, large corporate environment
· Excellent relationship development skill-set and ability to build personal credibility among leaders and employees across Citi, tier 1 clients and suppliers
· Demonstrated ability to deeply understand client and user needs, extract insights and integrate into the design of business solutions.
· Strong analytical and presentation skills, highly detail oriented and organized
· Self-motivated with a passion to build a best-in-class program
· Intellectually curious, inquisitive and open minded
· Ability to work in an undefined environment with limited guidance
· Ability to prioritize assignments and work in a fast-paced environment Global Markets - Spread Product Investment Technologies Team - Venture Capital Investments