Global Spread Products - Risk Product Development Analyst - AVP/ VP
Posted on Jan 24, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Global Spread Products is seeking an experienced Risk Analytics professional to join the Product Development Team; this person will work closely with technology on multiple fronts to help execute strategic goals. This team sits at the intersection of sales, trading, structuring, capital markets origination and technology and is responsible for implementing process improvements and realizing senior management's vision. Our team oversees a wide array of front office systems including pricing and risk, trade capture, inventory management, origination, securitization, sales dashboards, management reporting, electronic trading and database management.
Global Spread Products (GSP) is the primary source of capital for corporations, governments, and non-profits, providing liquidity and innovative solutions globally across the credit, municipal, and securitized markets.
- Identify areas for improvement across GSP as well as Regulatory risk processes by interacting with the various trading desks and their business heads as well as risk management; gather business requirements and develop ideas for solutions
- Collaborate with technology and quant counterparts to define requirements and help build scalable and strategic risk solutions that can be applied across GSP businesses
- Partner with internal organizations such as finance, risk, middle office, audit and compliance to improve cross functional workflows, feeds and reporting in the risk space
- Create tactical risk solutions as needed to increase business efficiency
- Respond to ad-hoc risk data requests and reporting
- Help to maintain and prioritize detailed project plans for GSP risk projects
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS
- Must be passionate about technology and its innovative application in the risk space
- Proficient knowledge of data modeling and relational databases, such as SQL, Sybase, Oracle
- Basic knowledge of financial mathematics, statistics, reasoning and logic
- Proficient knowledge of one or more programming languages, such as Python, R, Perl, C++
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and with attention to detail
- Front Office experience in and understanding of financial instruments used in Credit Trading (flow or structured), Securitized Markets, or other Fixed Income products
- Understanding of risk management concepts such as risk measures, risk limits, Value at Risk