Commercial Training Specialist
Posted on Jan 19, 2019 by S&P Global
The Role: Do you enjoy learning, coaching and helping other succeed? As a Commercial Training Specialist, you will be responsible for building, developing, maintaining and delivering product & soft skills training programs and resources across all of the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial Teams in the Americas. You will deliver group training in the classroom or virtually, as well as assess knowledge and build/maintain the framework around it, with the ultimate goal to improve sales and net renewal proficiency throughout the organization and support SPGMI's goals and targets.
This role works closely with and shares territory with 2 other Specialists, and reports to the Global Education Leader and is part of the wider Education Team, a fun and friendly close team with members in NYC, Toronto, Hong Kong, London and Paris. You will be a very creative self-starter who is able to work with little supervision. Creativity, dexterity, strong communication, time and interpersonal skills are key to succeeding in this role.
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Impact: You will partner with Commercial Team Leaders, Commercial Directors, Sales execs & RMs, and various partner groups such as HR, Product Management and Marketing to assess training needs. You will then plan and develop, as well as deploy and deliver, cohesive training solutions. Special focus will be given to ramping up the productivity of new joiners to the Commercial team. You will play a key role in contributing to the success of our combined Commercial team, with frequent exposure to Commercial leadership. This role will therefore include high visibility communication responsibilities of Education initiatives across the Americas.
The Grade: (for internal use only) G10
- Develop and execute onboarding & ongoing training.
- Evaluate current learning paths through surveys, observation and feedback; and recommend necessary improvements.
- Align training with sales, marketing and product management priorities and initiatives.
- Work with various teams and departmental heads throughout the Americas.
- Monitor training and performance metrics, and liaise with management to drive action based on those measures.
- Build and maintain online records of learning steps through our LMS, and loading courses on it to electronically monitor learning.
- Evaluate third party training options as necessary.
- Maintain resources such as materials, libraries and databases used by the Education team.
- Maintaining the training roadmap that will be tied to career path and embedded in our company culture
- reporting on regional standard methodologies and results to global Education teammates and our partners across Commercial.
- Strong presentation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to deliver and execute projects and programs.
- A creative mindset with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the S&P Global Market Intelligence product suite preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills & time management skills are essential.
- Strong computer literacy with deep understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience working with a variety of cultures and languages a plus.
- Experience in Sales/Account Management/Financial Services a plus.
- Experience with Diagnostic Sales Approach (PRG) a plus.
- Ability to Travel up to 30%.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
Commercial Training Specialist