Highways Maintenance Operative
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 by Amey
Are you looking for a new role where you can make a difference in your local community? Do you want to be a part of a team of over 20,000 dedicated employees helping to create better places to live, work and travel? Well look no further.
We are looking for keen and enthusiastic applicants for the position of Highways Maintenance Operatives. In return, we offer a competitive package with overtime available and an excellent working environment contributing to our efforts to create a better place to live, work and travel.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake all aspects of highway Drainage maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil works, or any other Highways Civil works.
- Location: Thimble Mill Lane Aston Birmingham B7-5HR
- Working hours: 39hours a week from Monday to Friday 7am till 3pm or 6.30am till 2.30pm
- Overtime standard: Gully Stand-By if required 15.00pm-06.00am Mon -Sunday standard (Stand-by payment plus Overtime)
What will this role involve?
- HGV Class 2 Driver Gully Vac
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil's works,
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
- Complete Risk Assessments each day
What are we looking for?
- Have a Full Driving Licence - must have an LGV Driving Licence (Class C)/HGV Licence
- Have experience in an industry role such as civil engineering, groundworks or any other relevant background
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade such as High Pressure Jetting Card (NVQ), Operation of Gully Vac (HGV) and Confined space
- Be knowledgeable on Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Be self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Abrasive Wheels
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Personal Highways Safety
What makes this role unique?
In return for your commitments you will be making difference in within your local community. Working for Amey, you will be eligible to receive excellent benefits such as:
- A wealth of career and development opportunities within Amey
- 24 days paid holiday + bank holidays with the options to purchase additional holiday
- Discounted Gym Membership, Travel Insurance and Car Incentive Scheme
- Discounts at high street stores including, cheaper cinema tickets and special offers available at local restaurants