Regulated Lending Manager - Flexible Working Available
Posted on Jan 18, 2019 by C. Hoare and Co.
About the bank
C. Hoare & Co. was founded in 1672 and has succeeded as a bank for this length of time by offering an exceptional standard of service to our customers through a detailed understanding of their requirements. Our ambition is to build a sustainable banking service for our existing customers and a select number of new customers.
We will achieve this ambition through the continuous enhancement of our customer service, keeping the bank safe and making the bank a better place to work for our colleagues. For new colleagues joining the bank, you may like to know that we are delighted by the advances that we have made in making the bank a better place to work. Together we have worked hard on a large number of initiatives where our employee engagement surveys indicate that colleagues truly appreciate the values of the bank as well as our comprehensive reward package. There is also a strong pride in C. Hoare & Co., which is something that you feel immediately when you visit the bank.
If this is an environment that you are curious to discover more about, then you may be interested to hear about this new role that we have available at the bank.
Overall objectives of the job:
The primary objective of the role is to ensure high quality and consistent execution of compliant practices across the department and provide recommendations for continuous improvement of such practices.
The post-holder will be accountable for conducting 1st Line of Defence monitoring reviews and analysing results to identify specific compliance gaps/ exceptions/ weaknesses, and developing recommendations and guidance on best practices.
The overall purpose of this focus will be to continually enhance the effectiveness of execution and standards of banking practices. The role will involve close collaboration with the Senior Regulated Lending Supervisor, Head of Credit & Supervision and Compliance Department to deliver output that ensures transparency and identification of Compliance and Regulatory risks.
The role is subject to the Conduct Rules set by the FCA/PRA. You are required to familiarise yourself with, and comply with, the Conduct Rules and their successors and complete such ongoing training and competence requirements as required by the FCA/PRA and the bank from time to time.
- Educated to degree level or suitable equivalent, ideally within in Banking, Finance, Law or related subject.
- Must hold a relevant industry qualification i.e. CeMap or equivalent.
- Support will be provided for any additional relevant qualifications and external training.
Background and experience necessary:
- Good understanding of financial mortgage / consumer credit advice in a face to face environment;
- Demonstrable track record within similar roles in an FS environment;
- File-checking experience essential;
- Experience in conducting monitoring and assurance work;
- Proven ability to provide sound advice to the department and establish early professional credibility with stakeholders;
- Good understanding of TCF & FCA principles in particular MMR, Complaints and T&C;
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy is essential;
- Ability to analyse and communicate regulatory change recommendations to business area;
- Must be competent in MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- As this is a first line of defence position this role will not require direct dealings with the regulator, but some experience of dealing with the regulator and relevant external bodies on behalf of a company would be useful.
Personal Skills :
- Must be able to liaise and influence to a high level, involving key stakeholders where needed, and taking a strong but diplomatic and pragmatic approach
- Must be self-managing, able to prioritise workload and consistently deliver under pressure within a busy environment.
- Must have a positive and solution-focussed approach
Principal duties and responsibilities:
The role will be responsible for mitigating regulatory risk through compliance with the relevant laws, regulation and industry codes as well as internal policies and procedures.
The key areas of focus are :
- Work closely with the Senior Regulated Lending Supervisor to review and implement a strong monitoring program to ensure risk-based coverage, meaningful analysis and specific actionable recommendations with a focus on FCA mortgage advice and CONC regulations;
- Completion of desk based monitoring;
- Completion of customer file reviews to determine FCA compliance, particularly in relation to conduct of business and internal procedures for mortgages;
- Preparation of monitoring and feedback reports setting out results and any required resolution;
- Supporting the department with any general compliance enquiries and liaising with the Compliance department when necessary;
- Keeping abreast of developments in the banking sector, industry best practice and regulatory developments to design and promote an environment with leading-edge risk management practices and tools;
- Identifying and helping deliver the compliance / regulatory training needs and requirements of staff;
Jones Lang Lasalle
C. Hoare and Co.
C. Hoare and Co.
C. Hoare and Co.