US Commercial Bank In-Business Control (IBC) Head
Posted on Jan 21, 2019 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi's US Commercial Bank is a global financing and banking partner for small and mid-sized US corporations and US domiciled subsidiaries of non-US corporations. CCB offers Lending Products, Global Treasury solutions, and Foreign Exchange.
The IBC organization is an integral part of CCB and drives consistency for addressing Operational Risk and Control issues and ensuring a sound and effective control environment exists within the business functions. IBC must foster a culture of control and accountability by leading efforts to identify, anticipate and mitigate regulatory, reputational and operational risks. This position is a critical strategic role for ensuring the risk areas within CCB, its regulatory obligations, and its control routines are well understood and well managed. As a First Line of Defense function this role must build trusted relationships with business leaders, functional process and product owners, and other IBC and operational risk colleagues as well as Second and Third Line partners.
This position is responsible for identifying, monitoring, reporting and mitigating operational, regulatory, and compliance risks within all CCB functions and activities. The position leads the execution of the operational risk management policy for this business including MCA, Annual Risk Assessments, establishing and assessing operational controls to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies, issue management, and all exam activity. The role requires strategic thought leadership, driving the efficiency and effectiveness of the control environment, ensuring effective Manager's Control Assessment programs, and accurate reporting and escalation to the business stakeholders. Failure to effectively manage and monitor the Operational Business Risk could result in significant losses, impacts on business growth, incremental capital, and/or regulatory actions. This position works closely with Business Leaders in the CCB business as a member of the leadership team, as well as Independent ORM/Independent Risk, Corporate and regional Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Operations and other cross functional partners to assess and strengthen the control environment.
· Work with all CCB business functions and leaders to define the key control monitoring metrics, assess the effectiveness of the controls, integrate changes and assist in development of enhancements wherever and whenever needed, ensure management remains fully informed, and conduct disciplined reviews of all key processes.
· Interact with Global and US functions, including Consumer ORM, Independent Risk, Compliance Assurance, Independent Compliance Management (ICRM), AML, Audit, Finance, and Legal to identify and mitigate business risks.
· Embed a strong culture of controls within the US CCB organization, while helping to drive automation and efficiencies in policies, procedures and controls where appropriate
· Interpret and implement Operational Risk Management policy and ensure consistent implementation within functions.
· Manage and maintain the MCA entity for CCB, including the Annual Risk Assessments, KOR/KI process, and all testing and reporting of key controls.
· Manage/Lead all CCB, global, and horizontal (i.e., cross-business) exams for CCB including Audit, AML, KPMG, Compliance Assurance, and ICRM, and act as the lead point of contact for all FCR and regulatory exams.
· As a member of the business leadership team, conduct and deliver operational risk assessment results and statuses as appropriate and provide vision and leadership for strengthening the control environment
· Develop vision and strategy to ensure end-to-end operational risk reporting is in place and a control culture is maintained across the US Commercial Bank.
· Ensure all critical control metrics are at or above targeted goals and oversee various control/compliance processes such as change control, Mandatory Absence, system access and security, and all regulatory attestations.
· Manage the CCB issues management function ensuring timely identification, documentation, opening and closing of all issues and corrective action plans
· Lead issue mitigation for significant operational breaks, identification of root cause, make recommendations for future prevention; provide governance to ensure remediation and improvements.
· Organize and lead the Business Risk Control and Compliance Committee (the BRCC).
· 15+ years of related work experience
· Minimum three years in an Internal Audit, Risk Management, or Control Management-related role
· Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional qualification
· Strong knowledge of Citi's Commercial, Consumer and or TTS businesses
· Demonstrated success leading a multi-disciplined operational risk function
· Up-to-date understanding of key risk and control concepts, tools and trends relating to risk identification, rating and prioritization, mitigation, and reporting, Operational Loss treatment, etc.
· Ability to lead cross-functional teams, including technical, credit, risk, regulatory, operations, etc. to assess and mitigate risks via innovative methods.
· Exceptional relationship/partnership skills, operational risk management expertise and skills, and knowledge of the regulatory framework and entities effecting operational risk standards and activities
· Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership related to existing and emerging operational risks and interact with senior leaders across CCB and partner businesses and the second line functions
· Proven track record of attracting, retaining and motivating world-class diverse talent and building diverse teams
· Ability to manage through influence (e.g. management in the absence of reporting lines or with matrix reporting)
· Forward-compatible mindset and desire to leverage technologies to improve controls, monitoring and testing
· Ability to balance regulatory/policy requirements with client experience
· Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) US Commercial Bank In-Business Control (IBC) Head